Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Was letting my stylist use thinning shears on my curly hair a mistake?

I was unhappy with my long, thick, curly hair because it was getting too long and bulky to take care of especially in the summer. So my stylist cut some layers into it and used thinning shears on the underside a bit to remove some of the bulk. I really liked how it felt when she finished and it looked cute. That was two days ago. Now I've been reading things online that say you should never use thinning shears if you have curly hair because it just gives you more frizz when it starts to grow out. I'm wondering if letting her do this was a mistake? She seemed certain that it was a good idea. Does it work for some people or do those dreaded frizzies come around for everyone who has this done as it grows out more? Since the cut is so new, how soon will I know if this was a good idea for my hair? Should I just let it grow out for a while now? And for all you curly headed girls out there, any tips on managing frizzy, curly hair? Thanks! :-)Was letting my stylist use thinning shears on my curly hair a mistake?
The reason it gets frizzy is because those particular hairs that got cut don't get cut again when you go for a trim. On shorter hair, this may not be such a big deal, but on longer hair it can be.





If you don't color or bleach your hair, and take good care and condition it well, you will minimize the damage.





Also, use lots of product as mentioned above, but that will only help so much.





Complain to your stylist as she should have mentioned this effect to you when you got your trim.Was letting my stylist use thinning shears on my curly hair a mistake?
Mistake maybe, depends on the humidity. A stylist used on my very curly hair to get rid of the bulk. Looked good for about 2 days and then the humidity went up and the longer my hair grew out the frizzier it got. And all the styling product I used just made it feel heavy. The problem with curly hair is finding a great stylist who actually knows her and or his stuff. I am not taking wavy or bouncy hair I am talking curly like if u dont blow it dry some what u get tight curl.
mistake...it will get frizzy but if you really like it just use plenty of products ....and anti frizz cream
its bad for ethnic hair. its not bad for curly hair unless she did it too high up or close to your scalp. it's depending how curly your hair is and the texture. if its thick coarse hair than no razoring either. my sister has medium curly-wavy hair and her hair looks fine with thinning and razoring.

3 comments:

  1. Every hair artist needs and perfectly matched shear to create beautiful hair styles, but this isn’t as easy as it seems. The skill of the professional hairdresser cannot shine if they are working with a substandard shear. The efficiency and comfort of the professional is on the line

    ReplyDelete
  2. Browse and purchase the latest and unique Thinning Shears
    online at an affordable price with kamisorishears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this beautiful piece of information.shears scissors are popular with hair pros due to their quality and durability. In order to assist all of their clients, a salon needs to have a variety of professional hairdressing scissors, on hand for their easy to use.For more information please visit
    hair scissors

    shears scissors

    shears scissors hair

    haircutting scissors

    thinning shears

    barber scissors

    scissor shears

    straight razors

    ReplyDelete