Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Becoming a successful Hair stylist ? ( Hair stylist only please)?

I'm 17 and I'd would love to take up cosmetology. I wanted to know what's the best school I heard paul mitchell, Aveda, vidal sasson were good but i don't know which one is the best. I'd also like to know how much they make does it really just depend on talent, location, high or low end salons. I want to take some college credits on bussiness management so I can own my own salon. Is there a diference in pay for hair stylist and the owner of the salon.Becoming a successful Hair stylist ? ( Hair stylist only please)?
I would most def go to a Paul Mitchell school. I graduated from one in Arkansas and I LOVEEEEEEEEEEED it. They instructors are amazing and the tools and knowledge you will get are amazing.





You don't have to go to college to open up your salon unless you just want to. Paul mitchell taught me a lot about salon management and fundamentals.





I would start off as a hairstylist for a couple of years and get some experience and get in the salon first before you decide to open your own up. I've had friends open their own salon up right after school and end up shutting it down because they can't handle it. You will make more money if you work in a salon first !








- Paul Mitchell Salon Professional

No comments:

Post a Comment