Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My hair stylist ruined my hair, what should I do?

My best friend always has the best hair, so she recommended her stylist who is also her good friend. the first time i got my hair done it looks great. I got blonde with black undertones in my bangs and peeking out of my longer hairs. I just got my hair redone, this time i went all blonde, and i wanted the black taken out, but it turned out orange. She charged me $225 and told me to come back next week.


So I went back yesterday, she couldn't get the black out so it's still orange, and I wanted a bang trim but it came out too short. I wanted side bangs too, but they're straight bangs, and my roots already look like they need to be touched up, and she charged me $55 for her ';fixing'; it.


She worked independently, so she doesn't work for a salon. What should I do? My friends say I should send an email asking for her to fix it again for free or give me my money back.


HELP!My hair stylist ruined my hair, what should I do?
ok well you are not going to get black hair blond on the first visit. it will take more than one. yes have her fix it btw your friend will still go to her and most likely side with her. anyway.. let her fix it but tell her since you cannot get the black to lift out nicely please make it a color you can deal with ...like brown light brown.. i understand her charging you the first time for the change but this time should really be free. unless orcoarse she told you the risks of trying to get that black to blond and you wanted to do it anyway.. in that case you pay her again. cause if you already knew then you made a informed but bad decision.. p.s. 225 for someone doing it out of thier house??that is a lot.. because well at lest where I live it is against the law to be doing hair as a biz in your house. i would be if she is doing it in her house... she doesn't have insuranceMy hair stylist ruined my hair, what should I do?
dont send her an email. speak to her ace to face and tell her what she did wrong, and she should give you the 55 dollars back. as far as ur hair goes. just dye it urself with hair dye. and ket it grow out.
Email her and explain that it was not professional or good. Ask for some of your money back. Then go to a real salon, a big company one, and have them do it. There are certain standards if you go to a good enough one (which with what youre paying you can) and it is assured to come out right or they fix it for no cost.
Unfortunately you have very little recourse here. Normally you would deal with the salon owner at this point. Part of what sometimes goes wrong is that our words to describe what we want dont mean the same thing to the person we're describing it to. With hairdressers, it's always best to bring in tons of pictures. You also have to realize that it may be impossible to do certain things. Or it could be possible but there's a risk of so much damage the hair could fall out. True black is difficult at best to remove, still.... Talk to your friend, tell her what's wrong and tell her that you are in a bit of a bind. You want your hair to be right but you don't want to wreck your friendship over this. You've spent enough money already, this situation should have been resolved, or at least she should tell you that she can't fix it. Lastly, when it comes to business arrangements (and this is) it's always best to keep friends out of the mix. Good Luck.
OMG! that is horrible, when someone tries to tone down black hair you usually need to use peroxide before you dye your hair. Also, I think she is ripping you off this the second time that I hear about some getting over charge for a hair cut or a dye. Around my way wich is NYC specifically uptown manhattan a dye is around $50 and that is with the wash and blowdry depend how your hair is... they offer different ways for the same price. What I recomend is for you to dye your hair a ash brown to cover up and PLEASE don't go back to that girl ever again.
She should have insurance to cover these problems. Talk to her in person, and tell her she needs to pay for someone else to fix her mistakes. She has had her chance, and has not fixed your hair when she had a chance. I don't think she should have charged you for the repair of her mistakes. Remember, there is always small claims court if she does not want to work with you to fix this. Take lots of pictures, get out your receipts, and if you need to, go to court. It is free, it just takes your time. If you have the documentation, I am betting you should be able to get all your money back.





I would not get my friend involved in this. She was always happy with the work this stylist did, and acted in good faith. She was not trying to steer you wrong. Remember, the stylist has to have a licence to work, and you can always lodge a complaint against her, as well as trying to recover your money in small claims court.
you should have told the stylist in the first place that she needed to fix it before you paid her the first time! good luck trying to get your money back!

No comments:

Post a Comment