Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tipping hair stylist?

I got my hair cut and newly styled today. It looks very nice. It took about 25 minutes. She charged me $17. I gave her that, plus a $5 tip. Is that enough? Too little? Too much?Tipping hair stylist?
That's a good tip! I generally round up, so I would have given $3.00 to make it $20.00. But to be honest, if (s)he went over the top, did what I liked, quickly enough without rushing and were still sociable, then I'd be really generous. I've given a $100 tip once. Only once.Tipping hair stylist?
That sounds about right to me.
great tip.
Wow! Great price for a cut. My hairdresser charges 3 times that
The tip was generous. 15% would have been just right.
You were very generous. $5.00 was a good tip. Most people probably would have given $3.00; to make it an even 20.
tip is on the high side, but if that is your style then good! I really think it should be built in to the price, but...
Good Tip
that was nearly 30%-a very high tip
I normally tip 20% if I like the job. SOmetimes I wait a couple days to make sure I like it then go back in and tip. Like if I get my hair chemically treated. I put a strainer in the shower to see how much of my hair falls out if the chem was left in too long. I do not tip though on the amt of products I buy with the hair care, just the 20% on the hair cut/treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment