Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hair Color question (hair stylist reply)?

READ THE WHOLE THING, PLEASE





i'm planning on dyeing my hair either


a red/brown color or light brown but


the problem is my hair is previously dyed


so i don't know if the color will take.





i dyed my hair black a year and a half ago


(my natural color is medium brown)


and my hair is pretty much back to its natural


color or so it seems.





i was told that even though my hair isn't black


anymore, the color won't take because i still


have color molecules in my hair. is that true?


(she also told me to use a hair color remover


on the colored parts but since my hair looks like


my natural color i don't really know where the colored


parts are.)





also, any suggestions on how i should go about


coloring my hair are appreciated.Hair Color question (hair stylist reply)?
first.. always remember


color will not lighten color


only bleach will


with that being said


since you colored your hair so long ago.. your black hair must be pretty long by now


but still it will not lighten very much with a lighter color





try using what is called a soap cap in the biz


do it with bleach


the way to do this is


get some bleach.. follow directions with 40 vol peroxide


and add some shampoo to it so it will become easy to spread


start applying it on wet hair.... and start from the bottom and leave it on the bottom part for an additional few minutes


then put it on your whole hair and leave it on about 5 minutes


re do this every wash until you get it the lightness that you want


when it is where you want it to be....... color it the color you want


after every procedure.. use a good conditioner to keep your hair from getting too terribly brittle





good luckHair Color question (hair stylist reply)?
If your hair is definitely free of the black altogether then dyeing it red or reddish brown in theory should take.


However, if there is any black colour remaining and you can actually see it then it will not take over black.


A hairdresser could release most of the colour and then start from that point.


It sounds ok, but make sure the black dye is definitely not present.
yes you can never dye lighter only darker


so if you want something lighter you must take out the color - once you do that feel free to dye away.


if you just dye it now even tho it looks like your normal color, it will only dye at the growth since you dyed it the place that was previously dyed it will just get really dark
Go to a beauty shop and they can help you there!
NEVER DO BLACK AGAIN LOL, IM A HAIRSTYLIST N THATS THE #1 MISTAKE, EVEN IF U THINK ITS GONE ITS NOT. ANOTHER THING AFTER DYING UR HAIR RED IT HARD TO TAKE OUT, WOULDNT BOTHER, JUST STICK WITH THE LIGHT BROWN. GO TO A PROFESSIONAL SALON, MAKE SURE THEY STRAND TEST FIRST
No, I don't think that ';molecules'; would still be in your hair?? haha.


I dyed mine caramel highlights, hated it because it went orange and dyed it the next day to brown and worked like a charm!


I think you may want to get it professionally done though, because they know exactly how to apply it and their chemicals are MUCH less harmmful on your hair.. (so I was told.. LoL.)


anyways,


good luck with the great new color!


x
I had this same problem...I dyed my hair and then wanted to change it later even though most the black had seemed to disappear. I know that you don't want to hear this but the best option is to go to a stylist and get the color stripped. If you put a color in now it could turn out as anything. For instance, I dyed my a darker red then my natural...it appeared to fade out to my natural color so I added black highlights. They came out purple because even though it didn't look like it I still had color in it. The best way to fix this is to let it grow out or get it stripped by a sylist. Sorry!
I've been doing hair for about 5 years and this is what you need to do... First of all, go to your stylist and make sure all of the old color is out of your hair. If it isn't, cut it so that it is all out. Otherwise, where the old color is, the new color won't take. If there's too much to cut off, your stylist will have to strip out the black first. You should NEVER use a color eraser on your own... just spend the money and get it done right. If your stylist told you to do it yourself, you might want to find a new one. If you have not colored any of your re-growth or virgin hair, there aren't any ';left over'; color molecules. That is B.S.... Here are some ideas: If you want to keep the color the same for a while, go ahead and do permanent... but if you like to change it a lot, ask your stylist to use a demi-permanent color (I use Matrix ColorSync). It won't damage your hair because there's no peroxide in it. It fades out gradually so by the time you'd have to get a retouch, you're back to your natural color again(about 6 weeks or so). But with using a demi-permanent color you cannot go any lighter than you already are. It is deposit only. But, maybe you could ask your stylist if he/she could put some light brown highlights through the top. That way you can get the best of both worlds. I don't recommend all over color usually unless if you have the time and money to spend on your hair... but you could also get it all highlighted and lowlighted to enhance your natural hair color. FYI... summer is coming and red fades the fastest of all colors. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment