Friday, May 14, 2010

Hair stylist disagrees with what I want to do? Listen or go elsewhere?

I decided to have my hair professionally done again to light ash brown. Now as I mentioned, my natural hair color is med ashy brown. When I got my hair cut today, I made an appt with my next month to have my hair colored. When I told my stylist I wanted to go brunette, she totally disagreed with me. She kept emphasizing I had a face for blonde hair only and blah blah blah! It was annoying. She was pushy about keeping the blonde too. I feel a little skpetical about having her do my hair now. Isn't it my choice? Or should I keep blonde and listen up?Hair stylist disagrees with what I want to do? Listen or go elsewhere?
well they usually know what they are talking about but it IS your choice. if u wanna go brunette the do it! i would go 4 what u want and tell her if she doesnt want to give that 2 u u r gonna go elseware.Hair stylist disagrees with what I want to do? Listen or go elsewhere?
Maybe she was afraid that she would ruin your hair because you have the natural blonde hair. Alot of women who have dark hair want to go lighter so maybe she did not want to ruin your natural light color. If you really want to change your hair color and she does not want to do it for you, then maybe you need to see a different stylist and get another opinion.
I think you should go with how you feel. Hair dressers always feel they know whats best for everyones hair and they dont. They just know the basics. I went thru a similar situation when I told my hair dresser I want my hair to be a fire red. She told me she didnt think that would be good for me and she gave me a reddish brown color. Several weeks later, someone else changed my hair color to the color I wanted and i LOVED it. When she bumped into me and saw the new color all she could say was ';who did that';. Now to this day she gives me what I ask for because she knows i have no problem going to someone else to do it. I feel you should go for what you want, other people will always try to convince you otherwise. Hairdressers know about hair and har products they arent the people who determine if a color is right for you. Their opinions are just that-their opinions.
If it were me, I would choose another stylist............walk in, talk to one, pick out a color, talk to her/him and get a 'feel' intuition from the stylist.......................





If that is not the one, go somewhere else, word of mouth, a good reputation, really means alot, especially in your situation................check with friends.........also, you can bring in the pic of the color you are looking toward and talk about it...........the pushing of the blonde does not do it for anyone.....pushy is not the way to get a client.
they should be cool with what you want to do. rather than forceing you to go with a color you don't want. if you really want to go darker make an appt with a different stylist at the same salon or mention it to the manager that the stylist is not listening to what the customer wants.
It's true that a stylist knows what's best for you. But take my situation into mind. I asked for a chocolate brown hair color with brown and auburn highlights. NO! What did she give me instead? Brown, black, orange, blond brown hair O_O'


I was so mad. If you want a specific color, go for it! There is nothing wrong with trying something new. You live and learn. Some stylists need to understand this.
think about it for a little while, but i think you should do what YOU want... no one knows you as well as yourself and your friends and family. ask them and see what they think... but your stylist should not, and cannot tell you what to do... you need to let her know, but idk if you should go else where. a salon cannot be defined by one persons actions. if possible try a new stylist....








have a nice day!





--jaylala
What ever happened to ';the customer is always right';? It is your hair and as a cosmetology student I know you're supposed to give advice, but ultimately it is up to the client. Go elsewhere, a hairstylist shouldn't make you uncomfortable.
Take yourself to a new dresser!! IT'S YOUR HAIR!!! Tell her it's wat you want of you'll find a new stylist!!! THat's so not right for her to do that!! Your paying arent you?? Get wat you want with your money!!.....鈾ensie
hair stylists should respect your decison you don't have to go to a different salon mabye just a different stylist
  • lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment