Saturday, January 23, 2010

Should i tip my stylist if she is the owner of the salon and she doesnt even touch my hair?

The shampoo girl washes and sets my hair, all my stylist does is spray my hair with hair spray then I'm doneShould i tip my stylist if she is the owner of the salon and she doesnt even touch my hair?
No I wouldn't. In fact I think it's inappropriate since she owns the business and evidently doesn't do anything but spray. She shouldn't need to rely on tips like the stylists. Also, the one you want to keep happy is the one who actually does your hair not the owner. You go to that shop because you like the way they style your hair so tip the stylist.Should i tip my stylist if she is the owner of the salon and she doesnt even touch my hair?
You are saying two separate things here, first you say she does not even touch your hair and you say she sprays your hair with hair spray.... Anyway the correct rule of thumb in a service biz is you do not tip the owner. Yet you sound annoyed so do what you want.
You don't have to tip the owner, and I wouldn't tip anyone who just sprayed my hair. Give the whole tip to the shampoo girl.
Tip the shampoo girl, then give the stylist a little less tip - she might get the hint and the shampoo girl gets what she really deserves!
Tip the shampoo girl since she does the work.
Tip both of them, half and half.
I wouldn't, save it for the one who actually does your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment