Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hair stylist?! help!?

I have extreamly wavy hair and I hate it. I got it relaxed at a Regis Salon and paid 85 bucks and it didn't work AT ALL. I was furious. I wanted to know what treatments are out there that can help. But something not so expensive. Thank you!Hair stylist?! help!?
Have you gave a flat iron straitener a go? If you did this ever couple of days your hair will be trained to that style and will 'act' more relaxed. Always straiten after washing and conditioning, Sunsilk do a straiting shampoo and conditoner that can help relax hair. You can then follow this by using thier serum, then straiten your hair , spray a lil hairspray on finger tips to lie down those flyaways.





Heres a review of Sunsilk Smoothing Cream:





Advantages: Makes your style after drying stay in for MUCH longer


Disadvantages: Can feel a bit heavy if not put on wet hair





Recommend to potential buyers: yes





Full review


--------------------------------------…





“Do your kinks or frizz mean that you are stuck between straight and curly, neither one nor the other?”


This is what’s written on the back of every bottle of Sunsilk Instant Smoothing Cream. Well, that sums up my hair pretty much, which is why I decided to buy it.





***The Product***





It’s a leave in cream that’s meant to smooth your hair of kinks and frizziness, and leave you with “Instantly smooth and sleek, soft and shiny hair”.





I first knew of it by getting a free sample in magazine, and I tried it, but it didn’t really do much good, because you can imagine the small silly amount they put in sachets of samples! But it seemed like a good idea, so I bought a bottle of it and tried it a couple more times.





***On Wet Hair***





My usual routine after washing my hair is just to dry it, then straighten it; I don’t usually bother with any other hair products. But using this, I washed my hair, then left it wet for a while, till it was just damp. Then I rubbed some of this cream onto my hands and onto my hair. The ‘cream’ itself is quite runny, but this is a benefit as otherwise, you wouldn’t be able to spread it all over the hair properly, plus when it’s on, it remains quite light, I couldn’t really tell it was there whilst my hair was still wet. I only used about 1 walnut sized amount, which is what the bottle suggests, and it covered my hair quite nicely. Having done this, my hair got a blow dry as per usual, and although it dried less wavy than usual, it did feel a bit waxy and heavy. Then the straighteners: this is where it made the most difference. I noticed it took less effort to straighten each section, and it also left the hair feeling nice and soft and silky, not really waxy anymore. After straightening my whole head (well, the hair), it felt so nice running my hands through it, and the ends, whilst usually silly and flicking in every direction, actually stayed pretty much poker straight. Amazing!! :) And then my sister came and asked me if I’d just had my hair cut - that’s how good a job it does! Hehe.





***On Dry Hair***





Hmm, a slightly different story. On the bottle it says to use on either wet or dry hair. So to get my money’s worth I thought I should at least try it! One day after washing and drying my hair, I squeezed out some onto my hand, and smoothed it onto my hair. It went on fine, absorbed nice and quickly, however, it just made my hair feel wet again, and a bit clumpy, all stuck together. Then I had to blow dry it so it was a bit pointless really. Might aswell just put it onto your wet hair!





***Design***





The bottle is a small cute little squeezy bottle, 200ml in size, a big enough portion I think because you don’t use a huge amount. It’s coloured a nice purple, to match the range of sunsilk products for ‘hair prone to kinks and frizz’ and is very noticeable (you won’t lose it). The lid is similar to one of those sports bottle lids, so it just pops up to reveal a hole for the cream to come through, then to seal it again you push it down. No lost tops, no mess!





***Price and availability***





I bought mine from Wilkinsons (The Best Shop In The World – see my separate review hehe), at £1.67. At the moment, all the sunsilk range products are on offer there for buy one get one free, so even better! That makes it effectively 83.5p each, a bargain!! The product is also available at other stores too; pretty much everywhere that sells toiletries and stuff – Superdrug, Boots, Asda, etc, at pretty much the same price I’d guess.








Well, I would definitely recommend this product to people who maybe are used to using hair products everyday; I myself don’t like too much heaviness on my head as there’s quite enough hair there thankyou, but I will definitely be using it everytime I’m going out and want to make that special effort on my hair, or something!


P.S. It smells gorgeous! Very fruity and fresh :)





Hope the reciew helped and the imformation i have provided, good luck i hope it all works out for you xHair stylist?! help!?
Thats ok, i hope it works better on your hair x

Report Abuse



Have you tried flatironing, and maybe rubbing in some John Frieda Frizz Ease after shampooing? Garnier also puts out a similar product. Give that a try and see if it helps.
Sometimes if you have your period it won't work. My dad is a hairdresser and he always straightens my hair with the hair permanent solution. He just doesn't use the curlers. I think he used Pantene, but I guess any brand would do, but have a professional do it because you may end up burning your hair since you recently used a hair relaxer. I'm surprised the hair relaxer didn't take.
Have you tried one of those at home hair straighteners. It uses steam to kind of iron your hair. Good-luck!
buy a flat iron


u can spend as little as 10(i wouldnt recommend it) or as much as 175
I would buy a good flat iron like chi, paul mitchell has a good one or ghd. If you buy a cheap one from walmart or some place like that it wont heat up as high so your results won't be as good.
How long is your hair?? If it's above your breasts, it will definitely not work.. I did the same thing and it didn't work out.. I asked a friend of mine, who happened to be a hair stylist, and she tried everything she could but nothin' worked.. You could let it grow longer so it won't be wavy.. That's what I did and it worked.. I just changed my shampoo and conditioner so it will also lessen the waviness..
What about just using a flat iron? It may take a while until you get used to it..
Relaxing only helps for the frizz, and it shortens the straightneing time (with dryer or flat iron) dramatically, as you will see if you try it out. I always relax my own hair at home-get it at Wallgreens if you don't trust the salon. It does work, but its not going to give you poker straight hair at all-don't be decieved! The only permanent treatment I know of is over $500 so I suggest you start loving your waves really soon.
By treatments, do you mean relaxers? Or, treatments to repair what the relaxing experience did to you hair? If it's to recommend a relaxer, the product line ';Bone Strait';, is the best I have ever encountered. Both the relaxer and the at-home product line are great. It's both effective and mild.

No comments:

Post a Comment