Saturday, January 23, 2010

Post-Perm care question...hair stylist needed!!?

I'm getting a spiral perm tomorrow (I've been contemplating this for six months so don't bother telling me not to :P ). I plan on switching to a different line of hair care products afterwards to take care of my newly curly/damaged hair, but I'm also aware that the sales people are going to try to sell everything they possibly can to me. So I'd like to ask you guys if you have any recommendations for curly hair, what products are a must-have, and what ones are bs.Post-Perm care question...hair stylist needed!!?
you should not shower for at least one day after, if you could bare 2 go for it! its best to avoid using any thermal tools or flat irons, curling irons, high temp. hair dryers ect. but why not purchase care items from the hair dresser who's doing your perm? but anyways, avoid gels and hairspray the best you can because they are full of alcohols that can dry out your hair. look for conditioning products, and shampoo's and condtioners for chemically treated or colored treated hair. if your hairs in bad shape Dont get the perm, wait it out and get it healthy first. if it feels way coarser then you expected after the process look into Joico's Kpak system its a great line especially for damaged hair. also for styling aids Redken makes a curl perfecter its mainly silicone based so it coats your hair, keeps down frizz and also helps protect it and its great and lightweight- no hold down and all the body you need... ';ringlet 07 curl perfector'; hope that helps! enjoy your new look!Post-Perm care question...hair stylist needed!!?
The Curls Rock line works pretty well, I think it's by TIGI/BedHead.
I am only 14 so I dont know what is best or needed, but I thought that this was really cute.[ 2cd one down on the right]
i use herbal essences totally twisted i love it use the gel to but not the mouse.
dont get a shower until after youve had your perm for 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment